Sunday 7 March 2010

Welcome

Well, it's been a long time coming. I've been thinking about starting an MMO-related blog for ages and I've had this empty shell sitting around for months, waiting for me to conjure up the inspiration to write. I'm not sure that there was a simple reason for all this dithering, but I think it was a mixture of concerns:
  • Does the world really need another MMO (or MMORPG - I'll get to that distinction in a later post) blog?
  • Do I actually have anything interesting to say? Keeping up a daily stream of interesting posts as (for example) Tobold does is quite a challenge.
  • Do I have the commitment to keep up with the workload - I do have a terrible habit (inherited from my grandfather) of being incredibly interested in something for a few weeks and then getting bored and drifting away.
All these things in combination have left me hovering just below that "just bloody write something" threshold until now. So, what's finally pushed me over that line?

Well, I can't take full credit for that myself. Tamarind of Righteous Orbs has started a blogger's guild on Argent Dawn (EU). Since so many of the bloggers I read had announced that they were joining simultaneously, I thought I'd pop over & take a look, as non-bloggers are welcome too. What I saw there was an incredibly friendly & chatty group of people (bloggers being talkative - whoda thought it?) who find time to both play the game and write interesting things about it. Maybe it is possible after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment