- Oooh, I like the new arcane tree at low levels. Arcane Barrage + Arcane Missiles is both lethal and efficient, arguably OP if you're used to hit & run tactics. I feel like a tiny death machine right now. Let's see how well it scales with level.
- So many flight points. Very good for little legs.
- I suspect those gnomish parachutes aren't 100% safe.
- The quest flow is greatly improved in Dun Morogh.
- Flying trolls in Ironforge. I /wave :)
- Looks like I spoke too soon about how good Blizzard's quest objective mapping is. I seem to have reached a level where they aren't on the map. Presumably they're incomplete.
- There's a much wider variety of quests in the starter areas - far more to do than just "kill 10 foozles".
- The ideal way to spend talent points hasn't been determined yet, so I'm just picking what looks about right. It brings back the days of WOW before the theorycrafters had optimised the fun out of everything and is more enjoyable as a result. I'm sure that won't last, though. EJ are bound to have people in beta setting up their shiny new spreadsheets now.
- Because I no longer feel the urge to min/max everything, I haven't bothered with tradeskills or the auction house really. Quest greens are fine by me.
- Cataclysm isn't quite WOW 2.0, but it is very close.
An ailing hobby
13 hours ago